Whether you are a qualified Project Manager or just starting out,
let us show you the skills that are used by Project Managers
the world over and how exactly a project should be run!
In just 3 days…
- Learn how to plan a project
- Know where to start the project and the Project Route
- Understand how a project is managed
- Find out who is involved in the project process
- Know in depth the project life-cycle
- How to successfully manage and run your own project the day after the course.
The objective of this program is to recognise the need for a practical approach to Project Management training. Combining the most recent advances in project management research with the practical, hands-on experiences of project managers, this program offers a unique blend of the “what to” and “how to” of project management and leadership.
This 3-day intensive Project Management Course will:
- Give you the understanding of how a project is run
- Prevent major costly mistakes occurring
- Give you the confidence to run your very own project immediately after the course
- Give you the knowledge and skills required to manage any type of project in any field
This course is designed to develop the skills required to deal effectively with managing and implementing a project and will cover the following modules:
1. Planning a Project
- Learn the 4 phases of a Project and what is required for each.
- Identify the types of people involved and the role they play.
2. Developing the Plan
- Learn how to complete a Charter, set up the Issue List, a Lesson-learnt list.
- How to assemble a team.
3. Overall Change Control
- Manage changes that occur during the Project Process.
4. Project Scope
- Discover how to set an appropriate target
- Learn how to recognise the different types of customers and how to define their exact needs.
5. Cost Management
- Learn how to estimate costs and create a spending estimate.
6. Managing Risks
- Managing problems that may occur and preventing them from impacting on the Project.
7. Executing the Plan
- Monitoring the progress continually in the Execution Phase.
- Learn how to identify the risks that were not originally anticipated.
8. Closing out the Project
- Evaluating the customers satisfaction and know how to assemble a Close-out report.
9. Maintain control as the Project Manager
- Learn the skills that Project Managers use to ensure Team Commitment and Team Enthusiasm throughout the project.
This course is designed to give the delegates the clarity and understanding on all the areas of project management as laid out in the PMBOK (Project Management Body of Knowledge), which is the standard put forward by the Project Management Institute (PMI). Combined with knowledge, the delegates are given procedures, techniques and deliverable templates with each output.
This course is unique in that it is processed to demonstrate where one should start and what steps to follow thereafter.
Who Will Benefit?
Anyone who is involved in Project Management and involved in teams where decisions and planning needs to be actioned.
- This course is registered through Services Seta (Decision No 0949)
- Registered with the Project Management Institute of South Africa (PMSA)
- Accredited with CESA (Consulting Engineers South Africa) for 3 CPD Points which are recognised with ECSA
R 4 950.00 excl vat per delegate
- Project Guide
- CD containing Additional Project information and tool