Conflict in the workplace destroys good teamwork
So often, conflict is managed in the wrong way or wrong approaches are used which causes emotions to rise. This results in co-operation breaking down.
Conflict is not necessarily a negative provided that it is resolved effectively, leading to personal and professional growth. Effective resolution methods can make the difference between positive and negative outcomes.
Resolving disagreements successfully, can solve many human resource problems and unexpected benefits, such as:
- Increased understanding: creating an insight into how people can achieve their own goals without undermining those of others.
- Increased team cohesion: team members can develop stronger mutual respect, and increase their ability to work together.
- Improved self-understanding: Different views push individuals to examine their goals in more realistic detail, forcing them to establish the things that are most important to them. This sharpens their focus and enhances their overall effectiveness.
Where conflict is not handled effectively, the results can be damaging:
- Conflicting goals can become personal dislikes.
- Teamwork breaks down.
- Company politics are quickly created.
- Talent is wasted as people disengage from their work.
- Negativity and recrimination sets in.
This course will assist in you becoming more in control of the team and handling differences in a more effective and professional manner.
In just 1 day, you will improve your skills more effectively by:
- Understanding what conflict is and how best to manage it.
- Learn the 8 step process to resolve any form of disagreements.
- Being aware of your conflict style and learn which approach best suits you.
- Dealing with emotions.
KETLER PRESENTATIONS is registered with Services SETA (decision number 0494) for the provision of education and training in this course.
Who should attend
Any manager, supervisor or person that is in the situation of resolving conflict.